For a delicious meal, serve this risotto
with a mixed green salad.
1 tbsp olive oil
1 finely chopped onion
1 1/2 cups grated fresh pumpkin
1 tbsp chopped fresh sage
1 cup arborio rice
2 cups chicken broth, plus a little more if necessary
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Heat the broth in a medium saucepan over moderately low heat and keep at a
2. In a large saucepan, heat the oil over moderate heat.
3. Add the onion and saute about 8 minutes, or until soft but not brown.
4. Add the pumpkin and saute another 5 minutes.
5. Stir in the sage. Add the rice and saute, stir constantly, for about a minute.
6. Slowly add the broth, about 1/4 cup at a time, stirring frequently. Don't add
more broth until all the liquid has been absorbed.
7. After the 2 cups of broth have been absorbed, the rice should be tender; add
more broth if needed.
8. Slowly stir in the cheese,add salt & add salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 35 minutes Serves: 6
Calories: 239 Carbs: 25 Fat: 11 grams Protein: 11 grams