1 head of garlic
1 tablespoon olive oil
2/3 cup water
1 cup pineapple juice
1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 1/3 cups dark brown sugar
3 tablespoons lemon juice
3 tablespoons minced white onion
1 tablespoon Jack Daniels Whiskey
1 tablespoon crushed pineapple
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. Cut about 1/2-inch off of top of garlic. Cut the roots so that the
garlic will sit flat. Remove the papery skin from the garlic, but
leave enough so that the cloves stay together. Put garlic into a
small casserole dish or baking pan, drizzle olive oil over it, and
cover with a lid or foil. Bake in a preheated 325° oven for 1 hour.
Remove garlic and let it cool until you can handle it.
2. Combine water, pineapple juice, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, and
brown sugar in a medium saucepan over medium/high heat.
Stir occasionally until mixture boils then reduce heat until mixture
is just simmering.
3. Squeeze the sides of the head of garlic until the pasty roasted garlic
is squeezed out. Discard remaining skin and whisk to combine.
4. Add remaining ingredients to the pan and stir.
5. Let mixture simmer for 40-50 minutes or until sauce has reduced by
about 1/2 and is thick and syrupy. Make sure it doesn't boil over.
Makes 1 cup of glaze.