• 1 TB extra virgin olive oil
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/2 medium red onion, finely diced
• 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, julienne or chopped
• 1/2 cup vegetable broth
• 1/2 cup dry white wine
• 2 TB lemon juice
• 1/2 cup quinoa
• 1/2 tsp sea salt, or to taste
• 1 cup broccoli florets, cut into bite-sized pieces Fresh ground black pepper to taste
• 1/2 cup roasted cashew pieces
• 2 scallions, thinly sliced
Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a saucepan and sauté the onion and garlic for 3 minutes. Add the sun-dried tomatoes, vegetable stock, wine and lemon juice and bring to a boil.
Stir in the quinoa and salt. Reduce heat, and simmer covered about 20 minutes. Add the broccoli on top and simmer an additional 5 to 6 minutes.
Remove from heat toss gently until combined. Add ground pepper and additional salt, if desired, to taste.
Garnish with cashews and scallions before serving.