1 ¾ c. presifted flour
3 t. baking powder
2 T. sugar
1 t. salt
1/3 c. melted shortening or cooking oil
1 c. mashed cooked sweet potatoes
¾ c. milk
1. Preheat oven to 450°
2. Into mixing bowl sift together dry ingredients.
3. Stir shortening or oil into sweet potatoes. Combine with milk.
4. Add sweet potato mix to dry ingredients. Mix lightly with fork just until dry
ingredients are moistened.
5. Turn dough onto lightly floured board. Knead gently with floured fingers, abt 5
or 6 kneading strokes.
6. Pat or roll out dough ½” thick. Cut with floured 2” biscuit cutter.
7. Arrange on baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 22 min.