Combine the fresh flavors of asparagus and green onions to make this hearty campfire breakfast.
Serving: Serves: 8
1/2 pound wild or thin stalks asparagus, sliced diagonally into 2-inch pieces
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 green onions, sliced
8 large eggs
3 tablespoons half-and-half
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. In heavy 9-inch skillet, heat 2 inches water to boiling over high heat. Add asparagus and cook until just tender -- 2 to 3 minutes. Drain asparagus and place in small dish.
2. Reduce heat to medium and return skillet to heat until dry. Add 1 teaspoon oil and the green onions. Saute onions until softened. Remove onions to bowl with asparagus. Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in skillet.
3. Meanwhile, beat eggs until frothy. Add half-and-half, salt, and pepper; beat until well combined. Fold in asparagus and onions.
4. Pour mixture into hot skillet; cover and cook until set and most of top surface looks dry -- about 20 minutes.
5. To serve, run knife around side of skillet to loosen frittata and invert onto serving plate. Remove skillet and cut frittata into wedges.
Nutrition information per serving: 7 g protein, 7 g fat, 2 g carbohydrate, .5 g fiber, 133 mg sodium, 214 mg cholesterol, 104 calories.
Based on individual serving.
Total Fat: 7.0 g
Cholesterol: 214.0 mg
Sodium: 133 mg Carbohydrates: 2 g
Fiber: 0.50 g
Protein: 7.0 g